• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog

Rich

CX Code Contributor
3rd Party Module Dev
Tutorial Author
3rd Party Tool Dev
Hi
Im finally finishing off my font editor (beta to be relesed this week).
Part of it is to display an examples page and I'm using the above sentance to show every letter of the alphabet.

It got me thinking though, what do our overseas friends use as a sentance in their langauges.... Whats your magic phrase that displays all letters of your alphabet?

Also heres an annoying song from Alphablocks on BBC that my kids have watched over and over and over and over.. enjoy!

Two German phrases: The first is kind of a standard one, but it doesn't have the special characters in it. The second one is containing all used letters:
1. Franz jagt im komplett verwahrlosten Taxi quer durch Bayern.
2. Zwölf laxe Typen qualmen verdächtig süße Objekte. - Btw you can't make a kids vid with this one ;-)
2b. Falsches Üben von Xylophonmusik quält jeden größeren Zwerg.

More german phrases (called pangram) here.

I was in Germany a couple of weeks ago and it made me realise how poorly I understand the language ... and I have no idea what your phrases mean! :D It is a long, long time since I studied German at school :(

Swedish sentence (contains the complete set of the Swedish alphabet) :

Yxskaftbud, ge vår WC-zonmö IQ-hjälp.

I have no idea what your phrases mean!
I also have to read them twice...
1. Franz jagt im komplett verwahrlosten Taxi quer durch Bayern.
Franz is speeding in the completely desolate cab across Bavaria.

2. Zwölf laxe Typen qualmen verdächtig süße Objekte. - Btw you can't make a kids vid with this one ;-)
Twelve easy-going guys are smoking suspiciously sweet objects.

2b. Falsches Üben von Xylophonmusik quält jeden größeren Zwerg.
Exercising xylophone music the wrong way is torturing every Dwarf of a larger size.

Hope my poor translation sheds some light ...

Exercising xylophone music the wrong way is torturing every Dwarf of a larger size.
Thats definitely a Rhythm Tengoku level ;-)

The Swedish sentence cannot be made any shorter (26 latin letters + Å Ä Ö).

The most "sensible" 26 letter long English sentence that I could find where :
Jocks find quartz glyph, vex BMW.

Back
Top Bottom