• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

When you're bored of PC programming.......

dawlane

CX Code Contributor
Tutorial Author
Well not been doing much lately on the PC programming side of things. Mostly because I seem to have lost my mojo as of late. So I thought I would dig out the old vintage computers and give them a bit of TLC and do a few repairs and upgrades.

While digging around for the circuit diagram to fix the audio distortion of my Sinclair ZX Spectrum +3 (issue 2). I came across this little gem of a site. If you feel like doing a bit of a nostalgic retro programming or fancy having a go at learning about old home computers, then you should check out the site. And to you young'un out there, you will see what us old buggers had to do to get the best out of the limited hardware we had. But you will have an easier time with all this modern PC software than what those of us back in the 70s, 80s and 90s had.

Sorry for the question... What do you mean by losing the "mojo"? I don't know how to translate it and I've seen it mentioned before ... Do you mean inspiration? Or maybe wanting to play and have fun like a monkey? :D
For the first one, you just have to want to tell something that you have learned and want to share, I don't know, something with a moral or related to learning something about life.
For the second, watch a child play for 20 minutes, you will relearn the concept of fun again. :)

R.-

losing the "mojo"
It has many meanings depending on your country. But it's most commonly use in the U.S and believed to originate from West Africa during the dark days of the slave trade.

Slang meaning: Mojo is defined as good luck, charm or skill that seems to come from something magical or supernatural.

It's also Spanish for Sauce.

Thank you!
Mojo will no longer be just a CerberusX graphic library for me. :)

I will surely not tell you anything new... But...
Once, talking with a friend painter. I asked him how he painted a picture, his motivation, what he hoped to achieve.
He replied that everything was related to emotions. The painter's own as well as the observer's. Those that the painter wanted to make feel the one who observed his painting.
Surprise, joy, sadness, disagreement, anger, love etc. For all he showed me an associated color ...

What is the "magic / mojo" you want to give to what you do?
What is the "magic" you are feeling?
R.-

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom