Which IDE do you use

Podge

I was just wondering what peoples thoughts are on compatible IDE's. Anyway, here are mine.

TED: Haven't really used this one in years due to lack of features.

Jungle: Haven't used it in a few years either as I can't get the bloody thing to work for me.

Mollusk: This one is great and what I mainly use. The only problem with it is that it doesn't support debugging.

Jentos Code: I use this along with Mollusk, as it does support debugging, but my major issue with it is that the code tree is bloody rubbish. You cannot see a list of Methods like you can in Mollusk.

Visual Studio Code: Very cool, but again the code tree view is useless.

I was just wondering what do others out there use and recommend?

Cheers,

Kurt

Podge

I just tried getting Jungle to work again, but I keep getting this:

C:\Cerberus\Bin\transcc_winnt.exe -run -config=debug -target=Desktop_Game_(Glfw3) -modpath="C:\Cerberus\modules;C:\Cerberus\modules_ext;C:\flex_sdk_4.6\bin" "H:/0/04.cxs"
TRANS cerberus compiler V2019-10-13
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
g++ -m64 -O0 -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../curl/include -I../glfw3/include -I../glfw3/src -I../openal/include -I../stb -I../zlib-1.2.8 -I../lpng1610 -c -o build/Debug64/main.o ../main.cpp
g++ -m64 -LC:/Cerberus/Bin/transcc_winnt.exlibs/Win64 -Wl,--subsystem,windows -o Debug64/CerberusGame build/Debug64/context.o build/Debug64/egl_context.o build/Debug64/init.o build/Debug64/input.o build/Debug64/monitor.o build/Debug64/osmesa_context.o build/Debug64/vulkan.o build/Debug64/wgl_context.o build/Debug64/win32_init.o build/Debug64/win32_joystick.o build/Debug64/win32_monitor.o build/Debug64/win32_time.o build/Debug64/win32_thread.o build/Debug64/win32_window.o build/Debug64/window.o build/Debug64/stb_vorbis.o build/Debug64/stb_image.o build/Debug64/resource.o build/Debug64/main.o -lcomdlg32 -lgdi32 -lopengl32 -lopenal32 -lws2_32
C:/tdm-gcc-64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.9.2/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lopenal32
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:55: recipe for target 'Debug64/CerberusGame' failed
mingw32-make: *** [Debug64/CerberusGame] Error 1
TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'mingw32-make CCOPTS=" -m64 -O0" LDOPTS=" -m64 -LC:/Cerberus/Bin/transcc_winnt.exlibs/Win64" LIBOPTS=" -lopenal32" OUT="Debug64/CerberusGame"', return code=2
Abnormal program termination.
Exit code: -1

All other IDE's work fine for me. Anyone have any ideas?

Phil7

Administrator
CX Code Contributor
3rd Party Tool Dev
openal32 seems to be missing.
Did you try the latest release of cx?

MikeHart

Administrator
Installed the Free beta of Jungle and it works fine. I just didn't install all the SDKs it recommented, as I have everything I need.
But this is with my dev version of CX.

Top Bottom