• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Which IDE do you use

Podge

I was just wondering what peoples thoughts are on compatible IDE's. Anyway, here are mine.

TED: Haven't really used this one in years due to lack of features.

Jungle: Haven't used it in a few years either as I can't get the bloody thing to work for me.

Mollusk: This one is great and what I mainly use. The only problem with it is that it doesn't support debugging.

Jentos Code: I use this along with Mollusk, as it does support debugging, but my major issue with it is that the code tree is bloody rubbish. You cannot see a list of Methods like you can in Mollusk.

Visual Studio Code: Very cool, but again the code tree view is useless.

I was just wondering what do others out there use and recommend?

Cheers,

Kurt

I just tried getting Jungle to work again, but I keep getting this:

C:\Cerberus\Bin\transcc_winnt.exe -run -config=debug -target=Desktop_Game_(Glfw3) -modpath="C:\Cerberus\modules;C:\Cerberus\modules_ext;C:\flex_sdk_4.6\bin" "H:/0/04.cxs"
TRANS cerberus compiler V2019-10-13
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
g++ -m64 -O0 -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../curl/include -I../glfw3/include -I../glfw3/src -I../openal/include -I../stb -I../zlib-1.2.8 -I../lpng1610 -c -o build/Debug64/main.o ../main.cpp
g++ -m64 -LC:/Cerberus/Bin/transcc_winnt.exlibs/Win64 -Wl,--subsystem,windows -o Debug64/CerberusGame build/Debug64/context.o build/Debug64/egl_context.o build/Debug64/init.o build/Debug64/input.o build/Debug64/monitor.o build/Debug64/osmesa_context.o build/Debug64/vulkan.o build/Debug64/wgl_context.o build/Debug64/win32_init.o build/Debug64/win32_joystick.o build/Debug64/win32_monitor.o build/Debug64/win32_time.o build/Debug64/win32_thread.o build/Debug64/win32_window.o build/Debug64/window.o build/Debug64/stb_vorbis.o build/Debug64/stb_image.o build/Debug64/resource.o build/Debug64/main.o -lcomdlg32 -lgdi32 -lopengl32 -lopenal32 -lws2_32
C:/tdm-gcc-64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.9.2/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lopenal32
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:55: recipe for target 'Debug64/CerberusGame' failed
mingw32-make: *** [Debug64/CerberusGame] Error 1
TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'mingw32-make CCOPTS=" -m64 -O0" LDOPTS=" -m64 -LC:/Cerberus/Bin/transcc_winnt.exlibs/Win64" LIBOPTS=" -lopenal32" OUT="Debug64/CerberusGame"', return code=2
Abnormal program termination.
Exit code: -1

All other IDE's work fine for me. Anyone have any ideas?

openal32 seems to be missing.
Did you try the latest release of cx?

1595064471154.png

There seems to be a setting not right in Jungle.

Installed the Free beta of Jungle and it works fine. I just didn't install all the SDKs it recommented, as I have everything I need.
But this is with my dev version of CX.

Another +1 for Jungle, but I haven't really taken a look at the others. I've started to really miss features from other IDEs like multi-cursor and nicer search interfaces, but it's solid.

Still use Mollusk - it has its limitations but it gets the job done.

hi im trying to use jungle ide and it works..
but
A) i must change files type of cerbrus , from cxs to monkey..
B) I cant get auto complete to work.. I mean it only completes the basic language commands..

what should i do..

If you're using the CX edition Ziggy made a few years ago it should work. On my machine the settings look like this
1601414578716.png
1601414691762.png

OK THANKS i think i managed to make it all work.. Thanks for help.
if ill have more problems ill post here

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom